What to do if your child is addicted to Facebook?
Firstly, manage the time on the Facebook for your child. Thankfully, to prevent the users from being addicted to Facebook, it offers a build-in feature to help you manage your time. It lets you check how much time you spend on Facebook, and you are able to set a time limit and daily reminder, once you've reached the time limit, it will send you a reminder. Moreover, you are allowed to mute push notifications for a certain time period.
- Open Facebook on your child's device, go to Settings & Privacy page > Your time on Facebook;
- You will see how much time your child spends each day. And there are two options available below: Manage Your Time, Manage Your Notifications.
- Tap Set Daily Reminder, and set a time limit for your child, it will send a reminder after your child has used Facebook for the amount of time.
- Of course, there are other options like News Feed Preferences and Friends on Facebook, you can customize your settings if you want.
What if your child has a weak self-control? They are likely to continue to use Facebook even if it gets the time limit you set for them. And in case of that, we need to do something more.
How to block Facebook usage for your child on iPhone?
If your child is using an iOS device. Apple released a build-in tool named Screen Time to prevent phone obsession on iOS 12. Similarly, you can learn exactly the phone usage or a single app usage with Screen Time, and set time limit or block some certain apps on the device for your child. Here are the steps.
- To check phone usage, unlock the iPhone, open Setting, scroll down to find Screen Time. You will see how much time your child was using the device.
- To check the usage of Facebook, tap See All Activity button, you can see detailed information: The most used apps with exact time, the most notifications sent by each app. Find Facebook app there and check the usage.
- To set time limit for your child, find App Limits, and Add Limit, find Facebook app which should be under Social Networking.
- Tap Next, and set a time limit for Facebook. You can also Customize Days there. And then tap Add on the upper right corner.
- Please note don't forget to Use Screen Time Passcode to secure your settings, otherwise your child can change the settings themselves.
How to block Facebook usage for your child on an Android device?
For Android device, since most Android device brands don't offer build-in app to avoid phone obsession, we'd like to introduce you a great third-party app.
PanSpy, a professional monitoring solution provider specializing in tracking and monitoring tools for Android smartphone users. With this handy tool, you can view detailed app usage, block certain app usage and set time limit on your child's device. With several simple steps, you can monitor your child's smartphone.